Learnt by Tutor the People can match you with the best Chicago LSAT tutor for individualized LSAT test prep. Our team uses advanced methods of teaching to help students cover all bases when preparing for the exam.
For aspiring law students, the LSAT is an important component of the application process. Our top-scoring and highly-experienced LSAT tutors will help you improve not only your test scores but also your grasp of the material and your studying strategy. We have a comprehensive understanding of both the content and the structure of the test, and our tutors will work with you to identify your strengths and weaknesses. With our help, you will be able to approach the LSAT with confidence.
Our approach to LSAT tutoring:
Tutor the People specializes in taking an individualized approach with every student. To begin, we seek to learn as much about our students’ history with the exam. We ask pertinent questions, such as:
1When did you begin studying for the LSAT?
2Have you taken an LSAC® LSAT practice test?
3Have you taken an official LSAT exam?
4What are you scoring in each section?
5Have you done entirely independent studying up until this point?
6Do you want to work on content?
7Do you struggle with test-taking strategies?
8What are your best days/times of availability to meet with an LSAT tutor?
9Do you prefer in-person or online tutoring?
10How soon would you like to get started with a tutor?
We'll Help you achieve your goals
Personalized LSAT Tutor in Chicago
We personalize our 1-on-1 LSAT tutoring and our small group LSAT prep courses. For 1-on-1 LSAT test prep, the student-tutor pair implement a study schedule that reflects both the student’s needs and study schedule. Students have the option to meet with their tutor in-person at a mutually convenient location or online via video-tutoring from the comfort of their own home! For our small group LSAT test prep programs, the tutor creates lesson plans that tailor each lesson to helping the entire group, while simultaneously addressing individual needs.
It is no mystery that the LSAT is a complex test which requires extensive content knowledge in addition to general standardized test taking skill and strategy. We keep that in mind with our LSAT test prep options. Each tutor on our team is an expert in this material, and they help the students using an individualized strategy that addresses the students’ needs. Applying self-proven tricks and learned methods, Tutor the People approaches tutoring from a wholesome perspective in order to help our students with every aspect of standardized exam preparation, including multiple choice strategy, critical reasoning skills, and analysis and elimination tricks. Your tutor will teach you to learn the material while simultaneously learning to test better.
Free LSAT Practice Exam
It is one thing to know the material, but when taking a standardized test, students also are expected to know how to apply their knowledge by answering questions formatted in a particular way. We encourage our students to practice real LSAT questions as much as possible. Our LSAT prep courses are meant to improve results, and to support this, we provide a free LSAT Practice Test to every student who purchases at least one hour or more of LSAT test prep with us. Through repeated practice on sample questions from previous versions of the exam, students will gain a better understanding of their competence on each section of the test.
Law School Opportunities in Chicago
Being the third largest city in the US, Chicago provides numerous opportunities for its students of law schools. There are some world’s best law schools in Chicago. Among them, the University of Chicago Law School is one of the best law schools in Chicago.
UC Law School offers a traditional three-year Law School education to those who want to thrive as corporate attorneys, in-house counsels, business leaders, and entrepreneurs. They allow applicants to apply Early Decision or Regular Decision in order to pursue a JD, LLM, or JSD. Applicants who wish to be considered for Early Decision admission must achieve a top percentile score on the LSAT score. An applicant must submit all the necessary papers electronically to Law School Admission Council (LSAC) to get the admission into JD program. UC Law School doesn’t accept any paper materials sent directly to the Admissions Office. An applicant’s undergraduate record and Law School Admission Test (LSAT) score(s) play as the most important criteria to gain admission into UC Law School.
John Marshall Law School is a great place to study to law and to lay a strong foundation in the knowledge as a first step to being a Lawyer. They provide top-notch law programs for their current students and continuing education for their alumni. JM Law School admissions expects to see impressive results on the LSAT. Your admission files are not considered until you submit a latest LSAT score. Rest assured that you can wait until you achieve your best score from your LSAT test prep. John Marshall Law School accepts the applicants’ highest LSAT score.
To learn more about each section of the LSAT and how our tutors can help, please see below:
Logical Reasoning I & II [LR], 35 minutes each
Logic Games 35 minutes
Reading Comprehension [RC], 35 minutes
Experimental Section 35 minutes, unscored
Writing Sample 35 minutes, unscored
Read about LSAT Test Dates here
The Total Score
Logical Reasoning (LR)2 LR sections, also known as "arguments," each containing 24-26 questions
Reading Comprehension (RC)Contains 26-28 questions
Analytical ReasoningAlso known as "Logic Games," contains 22-24 questions
Writing SampleUnscored, though scanned and sent to admissions offices.
Your final LSAT score is determined based on the following process:
1. They tally up your “raw score,” which is the number of questions answered correctly out of the 100-102 questions total. Please note that there is no penalty for guessing, so you should never leave a question unanswered.
2. LSAC converts your “raw score” into a “scaled score,” which ranges from 120-180. They use a process called “equating,” in which your scores are measured across all LSATs ever administered.
3. LSAC provides your percentile rank, which is based upon all scores from tests administered within the past 3 years. For example, if you scored an 86 “raw score,” this equals a 170 scaled score, and would put you in the 97.4% ranking. Go you!
Students who decide to use a package for their LSAT tutoring can choose the frequency and duration of their meetings. We understand that students’ schedules are busy and inconstant, so you can register every lesson according to the best days/times of availability.
Online or In-Person
You can meet with your LSAT tutor online or in-person. You can also choose a combination of the two. Some students prefer online tutoring because of the convenience while others would prefer an in-person LSAT prep course. No matter your preference, we have tutors available to match your needs.
More Info & Resources
Best places to study the LSAT in Chicago
- Cook County Law Library is one of the best places to take your LSAT test prep in greater Chicago. There have huge resources of legal literature that is required to get prepared for the LSAT test. The wi-fi access enables the reader to make it easy and quick to find relevant information while studying at the library.
- D’Angelo Law Library is another great library in Chicago at the University of Chicago Law School. As it is associated with UC Law School, visitors from outside a sixty-mile radius of the Chicago area are permitted five visits per quarter upon presentation of government-issued photo ID showing their address. However, any law students get the opportunity to study here by presenting their law school ID.
LSAT Resources in Chicago
- If you don’t want to miss the opportunity to get admitted into UC Law School, you must check their admission requirements and make sure to follow their policies. Frequently Asked Questions of UC Law School will also help you to know more about their expectations for standardized tests, including the LSAT, GRE, and GMAT.
- If you want to get admitted into JM School of Law for their JD program, you must have a high GPA, coupled with competitive LSAT scores. All prospective applications should check the admissions requirement and fast facts. You can learn more about their specific requirements on the admission page.
LSAT Test Dates:
Customized LSAT Study Plan:
When studying alongside a tutor for 1-on-1 preparation, the pair creates a flexible and fluid study plan that focuses on the student’s strengths to supplement their areas of improvement. Depending on the student’s schedule, the tutor can meet as often as daily, either online or in-person at the student’s location of choice. Your tutor will present his or her proven methods and help you create the best strategy that works for your needs. In addition, the pair studies the body of the test- from the backbone of the language to the multiple choice, reasoning and elimination.
Learnt by Tutor the People also offers group LSAT tutoring, which focuses on individual needs, while applying each lesson to the group as a whole. It is our mission to provide the best LSAT prep experience for every member of the group.