CPA REG Tutoring (REG)
CPA’s REG section tests the candidate’s knowledge and skill with regards respect to: business law, federal law, and ethics and professional responsibilities related to tax practice.
Our CPA REG tutors will help students develop the skills to:
1Develop a global study plan to work through all content covered on this section
2Establish the independent studying endurance required
3Identify areas of error in practice problems
4Leverage various memorization tools and mnemonics
The Breakdown of REG:
Like all other CPA sections, the REG appointment time is 4.5 hours. The exam is broken down into five testlets:
1. 38 Multiple Choice Questions
2. 38 Multiple Choice Questions
3. 2 Task-Based Simulations
4. 4 Task-Based Simulations
5. 3 Task-Based Simulations
Additionally, REG applies the following skill allocation:
1. Remembering and Understanding (25–35%)
2. Application (35–45%)
3. Analysis (25–35%)
On Area 1 of REG, you can expect to encounter:
• Ethics and Responsibilities in Tax Practice – Requirements based on Treasury Department Circular 230 and the rules and regulations for tax return preparers
• Licensing and Disciplinary Systems – Requirements of state boards of accountancy to obtain and maintain the CPA license
• Federal Tax Procedures – Understanding federal tax processes and procedures, including appropriate disclosures, substantiation, penalties and authoritative hierarchy
• Legal Duties and Responsibilities – Understanding legal issues that affect the CPA and his or her practice
On Area 2 of REG, you can expect to encounter:
• Knowledge and understanding of the legal implications of business transactions, particularly as they relate to accounting, auditing and financial reporting
• Areas of agency, contracts, debtor-creditor relationships, government regulation of business, and business structure
• Federal and widely adopted uniform state laws and references as identified in References below
The content area allocation is broken into the following:
1. Ethics, Professional Responsibilities and Federal Tax Procedures 10–20%
2. Business Law 10–20%
3. Federal Taxation of Property Transactions 12–22%
4. Federal Taxation of Individuals 15–25%
5. Federal Taxation of Entities 28–38%
Area III, Area IV and Area V of REG cover various topics of federal income taxation and gift and estate tax. Area III covers the federal income taxation of property transactions and also covers topics related to federal estate and gift taxation. Area IV covers the federal income taxation of individuals from both a tax preparation and tax planning perspective. Area V covers the federal income taxation of entities including sole proprietorships, partnerships, limited liability companies, C corporations, S corporations, joint ventures, trusts, estates and tax-exempt organizations, from both a tax preparation and tax planning perspective
CPA REG Tutoring Study Packages
Free McGraw-Hill Education 2,000 Review Questions for the CPA Exam book
Practice makes perfect. We include a McGraw-Hill Education 2,000 Review Questions for the CPA Exam book with every CPA study package. It includes practice questions and crucial CPA preparation information.
Customized Study Plan
We know that every student is on a different page. Your CPA tutor will create a study plan that is tailored to your needs.
One on One CPA Prep
We believe personalized learning is the best way to improve. You will work with one CPA tutor, 1-on-1, to build upon your foundation and learn how to improve.
We add a Free Introductory Hour to every package, so students can meet their tutor and develop a customized study plan before beginning their paid package hours. All unused hours are refundable, so you can try our CPA prep risk-free.
We offer multiple extended payment options. Contact us to find out which installment plan suits your budget.
Use your study hours as best suits your needs. Some students meet with a tutor daily, while others space it out to weekly meetings.
$999 Quick Review: 12 Hours
$1799 In-Depth Review: 24 Hours
$2399 High Achiever Plan: 36 Hours
You create your plan
Top CPA REG Tutoring Tutors
Radha is a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) and holds a Masters in Taxation, which she earned, along with a BBA in Accounting at Baruch College in NYC. She worked as a graduate assistant for one year during her Master’s program…
NYC CPA Tutor Greg H is a CPA who has both BS and MS degrees in Accounting. When he is not tutoring students he enjoys reading, watching sports on television, playing games on the computer and also being with friends.…
Sanielle is a New York State Certified Public Accountant with a Masters in Accounting from St. John’s University, Queens NY. Sanielle also has a Bachelors of Science in Business Management from St. Francis College, Brooklyn, NY. While completing her Masters,…