Official Rules for Tutor the People Scholarship
Official Rules for Tutor the People LLC Scholarship(s):
No purchase necessary to enter or win. Students eligible for scholarship submission (“Students”) must be legal residents of the United States, currently enrolled in school, and at least 16 years of age on or before their scholarship entry. Previous winners of the Tutor The People Scholarship are not eligible to enter again. All scholarship dates and deadlines will be updated on a repeated basis to reflect the current scholarship offered. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
Students will go to https://tutorthepeople.com/test-prep/mcat/#scholarships to read about the scholarship requirements, relevant dates, and submit an entry.
Scholarship Description: The TTP Scholarship is an essay competition in which students will be judged based on their response to the prompt provided. Each submission must follow these guidelines:
- The text must be between 300-500 words
- Essay font must be 12pt
- All essay submissions should address the specific question or topic provided in the prompt. All submissions should be original content, and must not have been previously published, released, or distributed. All submissions must be unique and created exclusively by the student who submits the material.
- Essay submissions may be published publically to the Tutor the People Scholarships webpage. Publication of your submission must not violate any legal obligations. TTP disclaims any and all liability for any infringement of any third parties’ rights in any submission caused by you.
- Essays are expected to follow a standard organized, academic format.
- Essays are expected to follow rules of grammar, mechanics, and academic language.
Only one entry per person for each scholarship period. Scholarship entry dates will be updated according to the current scholarship offered. Any attempt by a student to submit more than one essay for a current scholarship may result in disqualification. All entries must be submitted prior to the current scholarship’s entry end date.
The grand prize winning submission will be based on writing that is clear, articulate and logically organized. Winning essays must demonstrate an outstanding grasp academic writing. Students who receive the scholarship once are not eligible for resubmission; although students who do not receive the award are encouraged to re-submit for later scholarships. Tutor the People is not responsible for Student’s internet service outage, delays, or any technological malfunction that could prevent an individual from submitting their essay on time.
$1,000 shall be awarded to the winning essay submission each scholarship period. Scholarship winner will be required to sign and submit an electronic Publicity Release and Acceptance Form as a condition of receiving the TTP Scholarship. No cash equivalent, substitution, or transfer is permitted. Scholarship winners are responsible for all taxes and expenses associated with the prize. The prize will be made payable to the recipient’s accredited college, university, or institution of higher learning.
All winners will be notified at the date listed on the current scholarship’s page. Winner will be notified via email or phone. Non-recipients will not be notified. All applicants will be notified when the applicant is awarded, and that essay will be viewable online. Failure by potential winner to respond to such contact within 10 days after TTP’s attempt may result in disqualification of potential winner in which an alternate winner could be selected.
Scholarship awards must be used for educational expenses at a qualifying institution. Applicants must be enrolled full time in an undergraduate program at an accredited two-year of four-year college or university (“Qualifying Institution”).
By participating, Students agree:
- To the use of their names, photos, video and any such images in any media, including without limitation on the internet and in social media, for advertising, promotional and publicity purposes in relation to this program without prior written consent or compensation;
- To these official rules;
- To release, discharge, and hold harmless Tutor the People, from any and all claims or damages arising out of, in any way, their participation in the TTP Scholarship.
- Tutor the People reserves the right to suspend, cancel, or extend the TTP Scholarship at any time, with or without notice. Tutor the People reserves the right to interpret these rules and to make all decisions regarding the award and recipient not covered by these rules.