Refund Policy Tutor the People
TUTOR THE PEOPLE CANCELLATION/REFUND POLICY
PLEASE READ THIS POLICY CAREFULLY BEFORE MAKING A PAYMENT AS THE TERMS OF THIS POLICY WILL GUIDE YOUR PURCHASE OF, PAYMENT, AND REFUND FOR LESSONS ENROLLED IN AND SHALL ALSO DETERMINE YOUR RIGHTS WITH REGARD TO YOUR REFUND, INCLUDING ESSENTIAL RESTRICTIONS AND EXCLUSIONS.
Tutor the People (TTP) aims to ensure a clear understanding of financial relations between TTP and students with respect to the services we provide and make sure that every student has a rewarding experience. This policy applies to all services and features made available through the Website (collectively, the “Services”).
LESSON CANCELLATION POLICY
Already scheduled lesson(s) can be canceled any time up to 24 hours before the scheduled time for the lesson and rescheduled thereafter.
Otherwise, in the event that the student does not notify tutor/TTP of a cancellation, the student shall be liable to be charged an hour (1 hour) fee from the scheduled lesson.
TTP reserves the right to charge the cost of an hour from the lesson that is canceled without at least a 24 hours prior cancellation notice to TTP, and this shall be done without the possibility of this amount being refunded to the student.
Student can cancel/reschedule a scheduled lesson through their registered TTP account by sending a text to their tutor. A reason for cancellation or rescheduling may be required from the student which will be reviewed by our team.
TTP may also cancel or reschedule a planned lesson in the event that a student is defaulting on payment for the tutoring hours.
TTP may also cancel or reschedule a planned meeting in the event that the matched tutor gets sick or is unable to be available for the scheduled lesson due to other reasons that TTP deems to be reasonable enough. In such a situation, the student shall be notified of such development and the meeting shall be rescheduled to the earliest convenient time or the student shall be assigned another tutor.
During the sign-up process, students will choose an hourly tutoring package IE 12 Hours of GRE Prep) and may sign up by paying in full or via a payment plan. The student may also be given certain study materials when they sign up with TTP.
Given the above, the following terms shall be applicable to refunds on unused paid hours and refunds for cancellation request:
Package Hour refund:
Students shall be eligible for refunds on unused hours subject to the following conditions:
- That refunds on unused hours shall be done at the package’s hourly rate
- That tutoring hours are not under any circumstances going to be refundable after three (3) months of the last tutoring session. This means that the refund option will be available for the student to activate only during the period of 3 (three) months from the date of purchase. The refund may be issued only for the unconfirmed lessons or unused hours. TTP is not responsible for any kind of fee charged by payment processors and will not cover it when initiating a refund. To the fullest extent permitted by law, any refunds at any time are at our sole discretion only.
- That subject to the 12 hours lesson plan, requested refunds prior to the usage of 12 hours by the student shall be granted subject to the materials fee being deducted from the refund total.
- To make a refund, the cancellation of lesson(s) is required to be made in 24 hours before the scheduled lesson time.
- In the event that there are extenuating circumstances meaning a lesson is missed or needs to be canceled at short notice, these refunds can be made at the TTP’s discretion, but there is no obligation on TTP to do so.
- The tutoring hours are refundable within a 100-day time period after the date of purchase
HOW TO REQUEST A REFUND
To make a request for a refund, kindly contact TTP at email@example.com with your registered email address.
Upon the review of your refund/cancellation request and upon the determination that a refund or cancellation is due to you under the terms herein provided, TTP shall issue a credit note outlining the total to be refunded. Refunds can take up to 12 weeks to process back to the card used at checkout. Students may also note that the speed and availability of refunded funds on the provided bank account may also be subject to the terms and policies of the bank regarding the speed of transactions.
To the fullest extent permitted by law, student understands that any refunds at any time are at TTP’s sole discretion only.
CHARGEBACK RELATED ISSUES
In the event of a chargeback by a credit card company (or similar action by another payment processors/providers allowed by us) in connection with your purchase of any lesson(s), you agree that TTP may restrict access to our platform.
Students should note that charges, incurred as the result of chargebacks or other payment disputes brought by the student, bank, or a payment processor, and disputes that require accounting or legal services shall be covered by the student.